Your privacy on the Internet is important to us. Because the Internet offers the ability to collect certain types of information about users, we want you to understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of any information we gather. To that end, this privacy statement discloses what information we gather, how we use it, and how to correct or change it.
Collection of Information:
By operating web services, Thermo Fisher Scientific New Zealand Ltd ("we" or "us"), may gather two types of information about users including you ("you"):
1. personal information, provided by you at the time of voluntary registration for the services we offer; and 2. aggregated information generated by our systems, which tracks traffic to our sites but does not relate to you personally. Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in certain services not being available to you.
Disclosure of Information:
We will not disclose any information that we gather outside Thermo Fisher Scientific New Zealand Ltd. Use We use the personal information we collect:
1. for verification of your identity and assisting you in case you forget your password or login details for our registration services;
2. to assist in providing the services requested by you;
3. to provide further information to you about other websites and services or which we consider may be of interest to you;
4. for future marketing, promotional and publicity purposes, including to carry out direct marketing, market research and surveys;
5. for any other uses that you authorise.
Cookies and Tracking:
We may use a cookie file containing information that can identify the computer you are working from. The cookie file is anonymous as it only gives us details of your IP address, PC platform (Windows, NT or Mac), Browser (eg. Microsoft, Netscape or other, plus the version of Browser) and domain (whether you are accessing the site from NZ or elsewhere). We may use the information generated by "cookies" to:
1. track traffic patterns to and from our site;
Opting in and Opting Out:
1. opt out and not receive certain services or participate in certain interactive areas; or
2. opt in, for example agreeing to be contacted by us in relation to certain matters such as notification of new features to the website, beta testing or promotional activities.
Changes to Policy:
Holding, Correcting and Updating:
Any personal information that you provide to us will be collected and held by us at 244 Bush Road, Albany, Auckland, New Zealand.
Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have rights of access to and correction of personal information that we hold.
We offer the ability to correct or change the information collected at any time and as often as necessary. If you have any questions about how our services work or regarding this statement, contact us by email at : NZinfo@thermofisher.com
or by mail to: Thermo Fisher Scientific New Zealand Ltd Private Bag 102 922 North Shore Mail Centre Auckland New Zealand.
For information about the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects all personal information in New Zealand, visit the Privacy Commissioner.